On this blog you'll find alot of FREE New GRE material!
 Choose what GRE material you need:

GRE Study Plan for 1 Month

Quite recently in your letters you started to ask me about Study Plan for 1 Month. I must say that month is quite little time for preparations to GRE, but all depends from you and from your abilities.

During my preparations (I had 3 month) I was studying only Math, cause my GRE requirements were 780/800 for Quant and 400/800 for Verbal. And my GRE score (29/10/09) is Q800 and V400.

My main goal during my preparations was to increase the speed of solving the problems. And for that purpose I needed lots of practice... Almost all bad scores are concerned with lack of time. Time is the greatest enemy on GRE Quant section. Actually very little problems appear on GRE that you can't solve, but lots of them are suchlike you can't do them intime.

What to suggest...

1) For Quant section - study this 3 books:
And then if you feel weak in some areas you may practise them from Quantitative Aptitude, R.S. Agarwal or from other Quant books (there are enough of them in Quant Section of the blog).

2) For Verbal section - learn words, aproximately 50-70 a day. I started to study them two weeks before my GRE when I took first PowerPrep test (it was Q800 and V280 - I didn't think that my verbal was so horrible). The best way to memorise new words is to read, but you have not much time so second best way (I used it) it is Flash Cards.
Start learning them in next order:
Then if there will be some time left try to read Kaplan GRE Exam Verbal Workbook and also GRE Barron's 2008 17th ed. (it's as for me really good study material). If you still need some verbal practice there are lots of books in verbal section of the blog.

3) Week before the test try all the GRE CATs. I can suggest them in next order:
I think that would be enough for good GRE score.. But I must say it one more time - all depends from you and your own abilities. It is quite hard to raise your score significantly in such short period. The more you practise the higher score you gain.

Good Luck with your GRE,
Bane

16 comments:

  1. Thank you Bane, I really appreciate your effort, you are very helpful. I will try to follow your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep the gud work up guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah a really great blog has a lot of essential tools.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks buddy... This is one awesome blog for GRE.. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks a lot for this kind information

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks man...ur blog will undoubtly help many aspirants...
    Its really a awsm blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks yaar, I'm gonna try this out. I needed this kind of plan as I have to juggle a job and studies. Will give you feedback after a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bane,

    I am working professional, I am planning a GRE in the month of Sept 2013.

    Can you Suggest me the plan. My SWOT analysis results are like am good at Math 80% so if i need to be 90%+ i need to do lot of practice and for verbal am close to 50% good.
    So, verbal needs some practice for me to reach 80%+.
    I need a GRE score of anything above 320+
    Please Suggest...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bane ,

    I couldn't figure out some of the downloading files for Algerbra questions, 501 Quant comparison questions & few more. Can you help me out in this aspect It ll be really helpful for me & others too.
    Thankyou in advance & I really appreciate your help Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks a lot for the info man...it seems really conducive to my preparation..!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would favorably help students in bringing about the vital and concerning values which are indeed considered to be of utmost importance and guides.

    ReplyDelete